I’m not going all out for Black Friday shopping this year. However, that doesn’t mean that I’m not planning holiday wish lists. I’ve decided to go easy on the blogging to finish out the year. For a number of reasons. But, I’ll be sharing various wish lists from now until Christmas. Whenever the mood strikes me.
To start, I wanted to share a few higher end luxury items. Ones I’ve been eyeing and figured a few of you might be interested in as well. To be clear, I can’t afford half of this, but I can let it inspire my purchases. I can also save up for one or two things that I really want.
Everything in the image above is linked and you can shop the exact items or something similar. I’ve also linked to the exact items below.
Over the past few months, I’ve been working on my work/life balance. My current commute to work it roughly 2 hours one way. So blogging has taken the back burner to really just about everything else. My shopping on the other hand, hasn’t. So to start easing back into things, as my life takes on even more transitions (more on that later), I figured I’d share about some of my recent buys.
1. I don’t care what anyone says, you can never have too much denim. Be it jeans, overalls, or jackets. I personally know that I have quite a few, but I didn’t have a white one. I love my other Madewell oversized jean jacket, so went for a similar one, but in white.
2. If the little red dress isn’t a thing, it really should be. I found a loose fit midi dress with a very cool button back detail. Planning on reaching for this little number on all of those hot muggy days, when I want to look far more stylish than I feel.
3. Every once in a while I’ll walk by the Free People at the Pru and see a piece that draws me in. This jumpsuit did just that. Now that I have it, I love it and also want it in the mauve color.
4. Another Free People item that was love at first sight, was this sequin dress. I ended up not getting it, but came across it in the sale section recently and couldn’t risk passing on it again.
5. Shoes are my weakness, but lately I’ve been spending more on flat options and believe it or not, sneakers. A lot of this shift had to do with being on my feet for 8 hour shifts. Regardless, these Schutz heels have been haunting me since forever.
6. I think I wandered in to Urban Outfitters to grab deodorant. I ended up leaving with the comfiest jumpsuit that has ever touched my body. This may be gross, but I now change into it pretty much every day after work.
7. Switching to natural makeup has been somewhat of a struggle. Some things don’t work the way I expected them to, while others work great but cost a ton. Even though many argue that Tarte isn’t really a natural cosmetic brand, I’ve stopped caring as much. My goal is to find better for me options, and in my book, Tarte fits that bill. As does this purse sized palette.
Excited to get some content together featuring some of these purchases!
Maybe I’m alone on this, but I am SO not over overalls. It baffles me when anyone tells me that they don’t own any. I own at least three, and have been eyeing two pairs to add to my wardrobe for spring.
While I can’t physically force you to wear overalls, I get that everything isn’t for everyone, I wanted to share some of my Madewell faves.
As soon as the weather warms up, I want to reattempt a capsule wardrobe (a 10 x 10 challenge) and you better believe that a pair of overalls will be included. Maybe even two…
New York Fashion Week may be over but with Club Monaco’s New York Fashion Week Collection, you make every day NYFW. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen that I attended their shopping event with Leslie Musser of One Brass Fox at the Prudential Center.
1. The one thing I had to try on was the Colema Cold Shoulder Sweater. It comes in black and pink, I ended up falling hard for the black one. It’s the right amount of edgy and trendy, without being too over the top.
2. If I were going to go over the top, I spotted the perfect pair of Loeffler Randall heels that would do the trick! Coming in at just under $400, I had to pass on them, but there are definitely on my want list.
3. Deciding to try on a few sale sweaters was a good life choice. The Flutterby Ruffle Sweater was a pretty sweet alternative to the cold shoulder sweater for about $70 cheaper.
4. There was also the Ellodie Sweater, which was another cheaper, but still very on trend option.
5. The sweater I told myself that I was going to buy regardless, was the Mackenzie Stripe Sweater. It’s on sale for $69 and I have this thing with stripes. It would have been perfect, but I couldn’t find it and wanted to try it on first.
Even though I ended up leaving without making a purchase, the event was worth attending and I will be back to shop later on!
As thoughtful as the manfriend is, he isn’t always the best at picking out gifts for me. He nails it with roses, champagne, and dinner. And you can’t really go wrong with jewelry.
But, this year I’ve come up with a Valentine’s Day wish list of things that I would not hate him one little bit for getting me.
Allbird Women’s Wool Runners | From what I’ve heard they are the softest, most comfortable sneakers ever. I don’t own a ton of sneakers, but these I want.
ILY Couture Jamie Sunglasses | I never did get the Prada sunglasses I’d been pining over. Well these are basically the same thing and don’t cost a ton. So much so, that I may have ordered myself a pair and picked up an extra to giveaway a little later this month!
Michael Kors x Fujifilm Instax Camera | Confession: I have two Instax cameras already. One I got because I couldn’t find the first one. But, this one make my heart sing and I would gladly upgrade.
Gold-Tone Chain-Link Camera Strap | What is a camera without a strap? Even if I didn’t get the Michael Kors x Fujifilm camera, if I could use the strap on one of my other Instax cameras, I’d be one happy girl.
Mark and Graham Concourse Checked Spinner | After my recent trip to Palm Springs for Alt Summit, I became painfully aware that I need to invest in new, quality luggage. Did I mention that it’s even better if it comes monogrammed?
Ariel Gordon Love Knot Ring | For those of you that don’t know the manfriend and I have been together for almost 9 years. Of those nine, we’ve been engaged for 8. I don’t wear a ring, and we don’t have any plans to get hitched any time soon. I don’t need or want a new ring, but if he gave me a simple understated one, I’d wear it.
It may not be spring quite yet, but Madewell just released new styles for the season. I would have tried a little harder to restrain myself, but with my trip to Palm Springs for Alt Summit next week, I felt there were a few things that would make my packing 1000 times easier.
So many good options, but there were three pairs that, for me, are major must-haves!
10″ High-Rise Skinny Jeans in Hank Wash | If you haven’t switched over to higher waisted jeans, then what are you waiting for? I wanted a pair of lighter washed jeans and these are perfection. Zero fear of showing anything no one wants to see when bending over in these bad boys. Plus they make it look like you have legs for days!
9″ High-Rise Skinny Crop Jeans in Bruce Wash| Cuffing my skinny jeans has become almost second nature. I’m 5’4″ and if, like me, you aren’t tall enough to be a supermodel, then these cropped jeans are the answer to your prayers. I’m really hoping for more jeans this length.
I love to shop, so it should come as literally zero surprise that I shop quite a bit. (Looking forward to some serious shopping at Alt Summit this year!)
Most of the things that I buy, are either practical or make a statement. You can’t go wrong with basics. They really can go with everything. But, it’s the statement pieces that take an everyday outfit and make it extraordinary.
For me, those statement pieces tend to come in the form of jewelry. Or shoes.
Shiny ponies are a particular weakness of mine. Last year I picked up a few new pairs. And this particular pair was my best purchase of 2016.
I know I shouldn’t play favorites, and I do love all of my shoes.
But this pair is special.
At first, I wasn’t fully sure that I wanted them. They were on sale, but that wasn’t enough for me. What won me over was the challenge to style them a multitude of ways.
So far, I wore them once. I dressed them down, but since they are pretty fancy shoes, I had to balance them out with a statement necklace.
Want more inspiration for what to buy? Here’s a list of everyone else that has joined in for this blog link-up:
The event will be this Thursday, October 6th from 6PM – 8PM at Madewell Newbury, located at 329 Newbury Street, Boston, Massachusetts. Whether you’re in need of new jeans, boots, or sweaters for this fall, you definitely want to pop into Madewell for this event.
Not really looking for anything specific for the season?
That’s fine! You can still come by to see the three of us for some fall style tips, and check out Madewell’s newest fall arrivals. While you’re there you can enjoy some snacks (and sips), and enjoy 20% off your purchase of $125 or more!
This post is sponsored by Everywhere Agency on behalf of Macy’s; but as always, the thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own.
I may not be going to NYFW this year, but that doesn’t mean that I’m not getting my fashion fix.
Macy’s Fashion’s Front Row is bringing Fashion Week to Boston!
Get a preview of the latest Macy’s Fall Fashion looks from you favorite designers. One on one style advice from Macy’s pros. It’s supposed to be one of the biggest shopping parties of the season! Trust me, you won’t want to miss it. I know I don’t.
When I was sent Momoup products to review, I thought yay for more Korean beauty products to try! Then, after opening on of the makeup removing wipes and discovering that even packet was a two pack, I thought how wasteful. But when I used them, I realized two things. One, that the amount of material is actually less than that of wipe and two I love them! I could not stop talking about them (or telling my friends).
Anything with miracle in the name is setting the stakes pretty high. OGX is one of my most used hair brands and their Miracle In-Shower Oil is, well, miraculous. It provides extra moisture for my hair AND my body! This two-in-one product is my current absolute favorite.